Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Days of Celebration 2010

I am going to have to play a little bit of catch-up. I have been so busy traveling that I have not had a chance to really keep you all up to date with the events being hosted in the different countries. I see that my last DOC post was from Honduras in May! This year's events were a huge success. The staff in each of our countries does such a wonderful job planning the activities, prizes, entertainment and tournaments for each event. Each country has different ideas and offers different experiences to the children. In the end it is all about making the children feel special and creating fellowship in the program amongst the different orphanages.

In July I traveled to Guyana for their event. It was hosted in the National Gymnasium and started off with an impressive March Pass by the homes. Each orphanage proudly carried their banner and paraded across the floor to the applause of the other homes and invitees. The children also presented dances, songs, skits and poetry.

The afternoon was full of cricket and other games. I did not see much of the afternoon's activities as I decided to dedicate myself to face painting in a corner of the gym. I had a constant line up of candidates and eventually a couple other staff from the Guyana office came over to assist. Our artwork was amatuer but the children enjoyed it nonetheless. By the end of the day I had perfected my AOH angel!



continued..

No comments: